Healthy Halloween Recipes
Halloween is definitely not synonymous with healthy meals, especially not if you are trying to follow a low carb lifestyle. Sugar-filled treats, candy bars and cakes are just some of foods that you will have to avoid; rather choose healthier alternatives and stick to low carb foods. Here are a few healthy and low-carb recipes that are perfect for the Halloween season.
If you or your children are going to indulge, why not use foods that will actually promote health instead of detract from it? Here’s a few favorites that are bound to give smiles while eating, as well as while looking in the mirror.
Try out these healthy Halloween recipes:
Candied, Low-Carb Pecans
This recipe makes 2 cups, and is a wonderful choice for healthy Halloween snacks for kids. Nuts are great for people on a low-carb lifestyle plan, as they are high in protein and healthy fats, and they contain a lot of fiber that are good for you. Candied pecans can be a very delicious and interesting low-carb meal for everyone and it is a great snack in-between meals. Remember not to go overboard and eat too much, as they can also lead to weight gain if you don’t count what you eat.
- Pecans, two cups
- One egg white, raw
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, sugar-free
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, while you grease your baking sheet.
- Take a large bowl and mix the salt, egg white, and pumpkin spice together. Add the pecans and stir.
- Now you can spread a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Leave to cool down completely and store in the refrigerator, using an air-tight container.
Chocolate Bites – Almond Butter and Low-Carb
This recipe makes about 26. This meal has the potential to become just about anyone’s favorite snack. You need to have a candy mold to prepare this recipe but you can get this at a craft market or food shop. You can also use small, mini paper cups if you can’t get anything else.
- 2 cups of chocolate, dark, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened (about one stick)
- 2/3 cup of raw almond butter, smooth
- Use a heat-proof bowl and set it over a pot of hot, simmering water. Mix the coconut oil and chocolate, and cook until smooth, while stirring continuously. When smooth, remove from the heat.
- With a small brush, brush the chocolate on to the paper cups or molds, making sure that you coat the bottom and sides evenly. Refrigerate until they are firm.
- Combine the almond butter and butter in a saucepan with a medium heat. While stirring continuously, cook until melted. You can then remove it from heat and allow it to cool.
- Fill the paper cups with the butter mixture and brush it with the melted chocolate. Make sure that it spreads evenly over the mixture. Put in the freezer and cool until they are firm. You can leave it in the molds or take them out to serve.
These healthy Halloween recipes are easy to make and deliciously healthy to enjoy. You can even follow more healthy recipes from the popular Diet Solution Program, which will also give you a list of foods to avoid, and a list of foods that will maximize fat loss. With so many options for healthy Halloween snacks, there is no reason why you should not be able to enjoy this holiday while still keeping an eye on your diet.