Low-Carb Hot Pumpkin-Spice Latte
I won’t deny it, I love Starbucks coffee. In fact, my wife Shari is addicted to it, or so I believe.
The problem is, outside of straight coffee, their drinks are unbelievably unhealthy-49 grams (that’s about 10 teaspoons) of insulin-spiking, pro-inflammatory sugar per 16-oz pumpkin-spiced latte. I can only imagine how I’d bounce off the wall for the couple hours after having one, only to crash (hard) shortly after.
What if there was a way to do the same thing, with all-natural ingredients, and about 2 net carbs?
With all the left-over ingrediets from your pumpkin-carving expeditions, it’s the perfect way to use that puree you aren’t using in the pie.
Here’s the quickest/easiest way I found to do it:
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 12-oz. coffee
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices
- 2 teaspoons truvia
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks (optional)
To make it is so simple-here it is!
- mix everything together in a blender
- mour into coffee cups
- garnish with cinnamon sticks
- enjoy your low-carb lifestyle :)