7 Ways to Speed Up Your Metabolism For Weight Loss
It’s no secret that a healthy lifestyle can be tough, especially if you think about the smaller portions you need to eat, and the apparent lack in food choices.
But this is not the way to success! There are many things you can do to ensure that your lifestyle is never boring and too restrictive. When making healthy food choices and combining this with an effective exercise program, you are bound to succeed and get the best body ever. If you feel that a training program is going to be challenging for you, don’t worry–here’s a few things you can do right now:
- Sleep More. Sleeping for adequate amounts of time can actually have a positive influence on your healthy lifestyle. Research has proven that a lack of sleep can cause hunger and lead to an increase in appetite and cravings; in fact, people who sleep less than 6 hours per day can have a 15% increase in ghrelin, which induces hunger. Leptin, which suppresses your appetite, can also be lowered by as much as 16% due to a lack of sleep.
- Wake Up Earlier. If your morning consists mainly of getting up at the last minute and getting ready for work, you should definitely set your alarm earlier. Never skip breakfast. This is a way for your body to jump start its’ metabolism. It’s crucial that you get a healthy, nutritious meal at the start of your day. Coffee alone doesn’t count!
- Exercise. The benefits are obvious; keep in mind that the more active you are, the higher your resting metabolic rate will be. This is essential to burn off excess calories during the day. Even if you can only fit in a short 20 minute walk, make sure that you do this every day.
- Lift Weights. It’s not only your cardio routine that will get you slim and fit. Lifting weights can actually burn more calories than many cardio programs, and this is something that you should incorporate in your training program where possible, at least 2 or 3 times a week. If you cannot fit everything in one session, why not break up your training into two sessions a day?
- Eat Regularly. Eating 5 or 6 small meals a day will not only keep you feeling satisfied, but it will provide you with a constant energy level that you need to get through the day. It will eliminate cravings, and prevent you from eating a huge supper. It’s always recommended to eat smaller meals throughout the day, 2 or 3 hours apart.
- Up Your Water Intake. Make sure that you drink enough water during the day. Water does not only keep you hydrated during the day, but it can help you to feel fuller, allowing for smaller meals. Water is very healthy, and it has no calories so drink up!
- Eat Spicy Foods. Eating spicy foods can be more than just tasty. “Hot” foods, such as peppers, curry, and cayenne, may actually increase body temperature. This will lead to more calories burned, which is exactly what you want if you are looking to lose weight. By raising your body’s internal temperature, spicy foods may temporarily raise your metabolism.
Want a few more ideas? The Diet Solution Program works according to your body type, and helps you to make the right choices when it comes to meal planning and exercise. It provides you with everything you need to achieve success, including the 5 foods to NEVER eat.
Achieving metabolic weight loss is very rewarding for anyone. When combined with these handy ways to speed up your metabolism for weight loss, you will get the body you want in no time. It’s a healthy lifestyle that is easy to adapt and it will make you look and feel great.